Thursday, June 24, 2010

A note to my youth


We hear the same clichés all our life but what we don't realize is that they are true.

I went to my brother's convocation today and a lady by the name of Jeanne Beker was there. She is from Fashion Television and she gave a pretty motivational speech. Usually, when someone tries to talk at a meeting I'm always the first one to fall asleep but what she was saying really motivated me.

"Think outside the box", "make your own job", "never give up" these are all the same lines used over and over on us as children and we have never really listened to them. She had an amazing life story to back up her words, as to say she had proof for saying them. 

If i had to say something to motivate someone, it would be "everything that you do in life will be hard, everything that you care about will never come easy"
The more you push yourself to achieve something, the happier you will be when it happens. Have you ever gave yourself a high five for buying gum? have you ever been proud of yourself for eating food?
Have you ever held your head high when you got an award for achieving excellence? which one is the hardest?

I guess what i am trying to say is LISTEN TO ADVICE! They have been threw it, so they know!

One piece of advice that i hate is; Love at first sight. Thats not love, thats infatuation.

What really inspired me about Jeanne's speech is that she is a woman. She is someone i can relate too. We went threw the same experiences, phases, boy troubles, emotional, physical problems. So i really believe her when she speaks.

Nothing I do from now on will not come without work.
  

1 comment:

  1. I think you are very right! I find that I usually end up giving up on things once I realize that I actually have to WORK for them...I need to work on that I think.
    You are a hard worker...and I admire that about you.

    ReplyDelete